Sunday, February 28, 2010
Friday, February 26, 2010
Teapot Number #2 is officially complete. I finished stitching that sucker up about an hour ago, and hopefully finishing this piece will be the start to a very productive weekend. I'll have better photos up in a few days or so, but until then here's a poor quality detail shot.
Saturday, February 20, 2010
This post serves no purpose other than saying "Holy Cow! I just finished all of the Piercing on my teapot!" There's not much work to do now, just some sanding, brass brushing, and stitching. That sucker will be all finished very soon, pictures to come. Here's an interior tease shot of the unfinished copper places fastened together with some masking tape. Stay tuned!
Monday, February 8, 2010
I've come a long way on Teapot #2 since the last time I mentioned it in Mid-January. Nearly 144 broken saw blades line the bottom of my catch tray, but progress is definitely being made. If I'm really dedicated I might have it finished in another week and a half, we'll see. There are a few other necklace and brooch designs I've been working on in my sketchbook that involve stitching, piercing, and folding. I'll start working on them once the teapot is complete.
Here's a shot of the completed plates laid out on the crude workbench Jay and I built one weekend. I only have about 8 more to pierce out and then I can sand and brush them and get them ready to start stitching together.
Oh boy! Here's a few fine new tools I bought for myself over the past month. I got a beautiful new dapping set, as well as a bench vise, a brass mallet, and one of those fancy Fretz hammers for texturing.
I also finally finished this embroidery that has been sitting around on the hoop for nearly a year. I found this cool old sewing basket in one of the closets at my mom's house, but the fabric on the top was really ugly, so I made a dental X-ray drawing to attach to the top.